The Business Card Synthesizer is a tiny synth that can be connected to a Business Card Sequencer, other synth gear, or played by itself.
These fun little kits were introduced at Knobcon 2018 as a build workshop. Now you can get your very own.
Headphones can be connected directly to the output of the synth, and there are plenty of knobs to play with, so you can easily make noises anywhere. Great for learning about synthesizers!
- Pulse, square, triangle, and sawtooth waves
- 2 LFOs with pulse, square, saw, triangle and ramp shapes
- Attack / Decay
- Low-pass filter
- Sample and Hold
- Manual gate trigger (can be locked on)
- Course and fine-tune controls
- Power (7-15VDC)
- Audio (for headphones or other synthesizer)
The Business Card Oscillator is available in several versions:
The synth is all built, tested, and ready to go! Just connect it up and start making noise.
Assembled w/ Enclosure
Built, ready to go, and installed in a custom enclosure.
We send you a board and a bag of parts so you can build it yourself. Difficulty level = medium (it’s all through-hole, but some of the soldering is kind of small). The kit includes:
- Preprogrammed Microcontroller
- All required parts to build kit
If you’ve already got plenty of parts in your junk drawer or just want to source your own components, you can get this PCB/Chip combo. Includes:
- Main PCB
- Preprogrammed PIC Chip
- Power supply: 7-15VDC (reverse-polarity protected!)
- Power connection: 3.5mm phone jack, center-positive
- Current draw: 15ma
- Dimensions: 3.5″ x 2″ (the same as a business card!)