Business Card Sequencer
$5.00 – $90.00
V2 is here! The BCS packs a lot of sequencer into a tiny package. This 16-step circuit can work as a sequencer or as a handheld keyboard.
The BCS is a tiny 16 step sequencer that provides CV and Gate out. It can also be used as a handheld CV keyboard.
Boards for this fun little kit were handed out to everybody who attended Knobcon 2016. If you’re wondering what to do with your board, or want to get one of your very own, you’ve come to the right place.
The sequencer has its own internal clock to get you up and running in a hurry, but you can connect an external clock if you need greater control of tempo or want to sync with other devices.
This module has lots of LEDs and is very shiny, but only two of them are ever on at a time which keeps it from loading down your power supply.
- Power (7-15VDC)
- CV OUT covers 3 octaves
- Sequence can be set to any length up to 16 steps by using LOOP feature
- Setting a step to REST holds previous pitch and doesn’t fire GATE
- In Standby mode, sequencer can be used as a tiny keyboard without altering programmed sequence
- Stores latest sequence even when the power has been removed
New Features for Firmware v2!
- Multiple sequence memories
- Songs – String sequences together
- Live transpose
- More! (see Operating Instructions for full details)
Note: All Business Card Sequencers ordered from this point forward will have v2 firmware
The Business Card Sequencer is available in several versions:
The sequencer is all built, tested, and ready to go! Just connect it up and start sequencing.
Assembled w/ Enclosure
Built, ready to go, and installed in a custom enclosure.
We send you a board and a bag of parts so you can build it yourself. Difficulty level = medium (it’s all through-hole, but some of the soldering is kind of small). The kit includes:
- Preprogrammed Microcontroller
- All required parts to build kit
If you’ve already got plenty of parts in your junk drawer or just want to source your own components, you can get this PCB/Chip combo. Includes:
- Main PCB
- Preprogrammed Microcontroller
Order one of these to upgrade your existing sequencer to v2
We also have a fiberglass/acrylic enclosure available for the sequencer if you aren’t into the bare PCB look.
- Power supply: 7-15VDC (reverse-polarity protected!)
- Power connection: 3.5mm phone jack, center-positive
- Current draw: 15ma
- Dimensions: 3.5″ x 2″ (the same as a business card!)
CV OUT voltage wrong or sequencer has 5 octaves instead of 3
v2 sequencer chips auto-detect whether they are installed in a Business Card Sequencer or a Dual Mini Sequencer, but sometimes this doesn’t work right. The BC Sequencer should let you select between 3 octaves, but if it appears that you have 5 instead of 3, then the chip thinks that it’s in a DMS. Fortunately it’s easy to override the auto-detection feature and hard-set it to Business Card Sequencer mode:
- Reboot the sequencer by power-cycling or holding down the RESET button for several seconds
- While the sequencer is doing its boot light show, hold down the E and F buttons
- The LEDs will flicker at the end of the light show and it should now be a Business Card Sequencer forever